Monday, September 17, 2007

The List (9.17.07)

Top Story:
You're Too Intense For Me. And so, there I was, on the cusp of sealing the deal... when out of nowhere "We Need To Talk" was uttered for the first time in probably four years. What a buzzkill. You know how this turned out. You know, I gave some thought to coming up with another No Escape-type story for this weekend's trip; really bounced it around. Not worth it. My muse to come up with something that incoherent and poetic would have required way too many drugs and drinks. I prefer only my eggs scrambled, not my mind. Plus I would really have to kid myself that something epic took place, when to be honest, Epic and Akron go together like oil and water. Anyways, Great trip. First experience playing the Wii. I've officially joined the 21st century. Finally. And I have spare condoms. To use, ummm... (crickets chirping in my bedroom)

Today's List:
1. The Collapse of Something Special - Somehow, some girl that I met five some years ago became pretty attached to me. Well, I think her boyfriend got the idea, and last night things got out of hand. You know you've jumped the shark when this qualifies as "relationship drama." I wasn't even on the phone for any of that. Nope. Some 18 year old potty-mouth was on the hook for me.

2. And You Will Know Me By the Trail of Dollar Bills - I officially spent more money than I had this weekend. Big shock.

3. Go Bills!!! - The Buffalo Bills blew up right before my very eyes yesterday. I should have watched #4...

4. Go Browns!!! - I was in CLEVELAND for this game... and didn't take on the tickets. Why?! This was the football game of the century! 51-45(?!) Unbelievable.

5. I guess the Wolverines Didn't Eat Her - I come home from Cleveland sunday afternoon to find the cat MISSING. Not sure how the cat escaped, but it was nowhere to be found. At about 7 AM this morning, I get a nuzzle on my face. It's the cat!!! I walk out into the kitchen, and sure enough (I left this open on purpose) the cat burrowed through the hole between the air conditioner and the wall. Pretty amazing story. Welcome back, Oreo!

Also Receiving Votes:
Nice to see I am back to drinking like a fool, I think I set a record for # of Newcastles drank in a given weekend, Beginning vice elimination today I swear... Big week at work this week, time to put some distance between me and the status quo

No comments: